You know those days when you are on your way to class and you happen to check your email only to see that the class you were walking towards is cancelled? Yeah, they don't happen often, but when they do...it turns out to be a good day. That is this day.
What I've noticed, though, is what I choose to do otherwise. Yes, every time I have great intentions of racing back to my apartment or to the library and getting out some homework and trying to accomplish something. Though, that never seems to happen.
And maybe that's a good thing.
Maybe we're supposed to use those moments to just be.
Often times, what really happens is that I go back to my apartment and make some tea and put on some music. I play my guitar. I read the blogs of friends. I write a blog (like now). Obviously, I do everything else possible besides homework.
Maybe this is how it's supposed to be. With our lives so full of...well...being full, we forget to take time to not concentrate on anything. I know I do. I think, from now on, I'm going to take those special, rare times when a class is cancelled to focus on being peaceful and doing something that calms me and makes my heart happy. Maybe it's dreaming about my future, or praying, or reading the news. Whatever it is, it is important, just a different kind of important from homework and class.
This is my encouragement for you today. May you find yourself caught in a moment of suspense. May you find a time when there is nothing to do but nothing, really. :)
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment