Sunday, October 31, 2010

Seasons of Love

Do you ever have those moments when you realize how completely lucky and blessed you are?
I just had one of those this weekend.

I think that many times we become so bogged down with life. We see all the work we have, all the money we owe and how there are not enough hours in the day for us to get everything done that we need to get done. Or at least that's how it is with me. Sometimes, all I can see is how far behind I am. What good does this do? If I always feel as though I'm never "meeting" the mark, how am I to appreciate things? You guys, life is way too short to not see how beautiful every single moment is. The fact that I get to go to school and live with some of my best friends every day is awesome! I am incredibly blessed and I thank the Lord so much for what He has given me. Honestly, I think taking every day one day at a time can help us realize that we do, in fact, meet the mark.

Getting to see friends from camp for the last three weekends has been such a great reminder of what this summer taught me: the little things in life are what matter most.

Every cup of coffee shared, every hug, every smile, every random burst of laughed, every tear shed or converstation has a meaning. I love that God created these tiny threads to connect life together. Sitting with my roommates and friends this weekend reminded me of that. Life is so much more than money or how big your house is or how many cars you drive. It's about moments of love. Life is so full and spectacular and it is my wish that you might share in little moments with one another.

May your life be filled with seasons of love, laughter and hope. May you see every blessed moment.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the reminder Amanda! I am so blessed to be your firend! :D

    ReplyDelete