Believe me, I have no stinkin' idea where the time has gone.
This last month has been a semi-crazy one. Mainly, just because I've been at work for a lot of it and there has just been many different random things happening. For example, one week I worked days (aka 9-5 in Bethany House). On Monday night that week, a friend of mine had a bunch of girls from Bethany over for a girls night, then on Wednesday some of my co-workers invited me to go paint balling, and then Thursday and Friday were spent spending time with a friend that used to work at Bethany but had moved to Amsterdam and was visiting Edinburgh for a bit. Such a fun-filled and crazy week! Yet, somehow, May has seemed to just creep by in a way and not fly by how some of the past months have. I don't know if that was just the "calm" before the storm or what but I have a feeling that June will be gone and I'll be in my last few weeks.
In having the realization that I'm not far from finishing here, my brain has already began to reflect and also to think about what is ahead. I've been trying incredibly hard not to focus on this, but it is honestly so difficult some days. First of all, I am incredibly excited to see friends and family. Secondly, I am incredibly sad to leave this place that I have fallen in love with. And Thirdly, I'm not so sure what is next. I already know that some of my family will just expect me to get and job and resume my duties as an adult and to some extent, that is also what I intend for myself, but I also know that there is a major possibility (and by possibility I mean it will most likely happen) that I will be going for my Masters in Social Work and eventually moving out to Montana which I have wanted to do for years now. Obviously, I will be spending some time at home with family, but I know I need to do these things in the future.
So now, I'm trying not to stress about all the details that come along with those things and am trying to focus on making the most of my time left here. It's funny, when I first got here I felt like I had so much time to do all sorts of things. don't get me wrong, I'm seen and done a whole lot, but there is still much more and here I am with so little time left.. And to an extent, I suppose if I don't get to see and do all I've wanted it just gives me an excuse to come back here.
I think it just goes to show that we cannot wait to act. We cannot wait to see loved ones or tell them we love them. We can't expect to have loads of time because, frankly, it will fall through our fingers without us even realizing. Society's every day demands will get in the way and we'll miss what is important. We'll forget to actually live and not just do the same thing every day.
Today, the weather was GORGEOUS. It got up to around 17 degrees Celsius today which is about 62 in Fahrenheit. Now, I realize this isn't that hot especially if you're from my neck of the woods in the summer, but it's lovely for Edinburgh. The sun was shining and there were almost no clouds. So I decided to go sit in the sun and listen to music for a bit. I made my way to the Princes Street Gardens where there were loads of people doing the exact same thing as me- laying in the sun. We all decided to take the moment to stop and enjoy our surroundings. I got to do some thinking, enjoy the sun (even got burnt..it's awesome because it's rare in the UK), work on my Chaco tan, people watch, and just be for a bit. It was the perfect way to relax.
The Edinburgh Castle is just there!
No comments:
Post a Comment